måndag 30 augusti 2010

Our summerhouse




I usually don't bring so much clothes when I come here, because the attic is filled with old clothing from mom and her sisters. I found these beige tights, a colorful scarve and some ugly-cute feet-warmers ;) (mockasiner)

These are my mothers and my aunts paintings from their childhood.


Everything is so old-fashioned here..to cook some food our even to boil water - we need to heat the stove with pieces of wood...these last photos are from the oven. We have to wait until all the woods are burnt down and the only thing left inside is the heat, then it's okey to bake some bread or finnish "pirakka" It's a really nice and warm feeling to live in this house for a couple of weeks every summer, to get the feeling of how my mother lived when she was a child. To not have an electric/gas kitchen and cook or heat the house in this way is really amazing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar